I was catching up on my April edition of People Style Watch magazine and found these fashion tips by Nicole Richie on pg 122 to be very helpful to creating your own style. I happen to love her jewelry line under House of Harlow, its so eclectic and definitely makes a statement. Anyway, check out what she says about how to put together a signature mix:
- Play with different moods: She says try pairing lingerie-inspired clothes which are soft and feminine with rugged, masculine pieces. It balances out the look.
- Experiment with jewelry: "Layering necklaces or stacking rings gives a very personal look." YES! I so agree with this! Sometimes you can have a HOT piece of jewelry that will make the simplest white tee and jeans POP.
- Dress up casual clothes: Throw on a cute pair of pumps to dress up your jeans. Shoes, shoes, yes shoes, they can make or break ANY outfit.
- Look to the past: Nicole references the energy and music of the 70's, pairing bold prints and colors. "The idea of clashing didn't exist!" Yeah Nicole, I agree.
- Make a statement: "My key pieces are fun sunglasses, great scarves, a bright bag and a dramatic dress..." These are Nicole's statement pieces, mine are definitely my handbags and funky bracelets.
So, I hope these 5 style tips helped you to look in your closet and play up what you already have or may need to to switch your look up!! And if you haven't already check out People Style Watch for great tips, style and fashion trends.